This is a blog about me, Seinfeld, okonomiyaki, japanese toilet seats, and other things of interest

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Viva Capitalism

My old beloved IBM X20 laptop has served me well but is now more or less dead. So today (after receiving my bonus Thursday!) I gave up on PCs and got a MacBook. It's cool and everything just seems to work - a minute after booting up for the first time I was reading slashdot. Quite different from installing Gentoo :-)

In the most recent issue of The Economist there is an interesting article about new developments in computer Go. Apparently Monte Carl-based methods work quite well and there is now a program called Mogo that is ranked 2323rd in the world on smaller boards (9 by 9)!

3 Comments:

Blogger lotek said...

Now my laptop is back in action - seems like there is some loose connection to the screen. The screen is still bad in some areas.

I've now updated the post with the proper links.

7:57 AM

 
Blogger lotek said...

And, as Matt said, Mogo is ranked 2323 on smaller boards (I think it's 9 by 9)

7:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a dilemma a cheap dell pc, or a user friendly Mac.

8:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home