This is a blog about me, Seinfeld, okonomiyaki, japanese toilet seats, and other things of interest

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before

Sometimes, but not very often, I think that it would be nice to still be in science. The lazy days, the travelling, watching Seinfeld, going to cool conferences like this one. But then I also remember the bad parts; no money, all the meaningless "science" dressed in fancy words, the time you want to stand up and scream "the emperor is not wearing any clothes", the miserable food in the uni canteen, human-robot interaction, the pressure to write papers about nothing, the never-ending quest for funding, etc. How my view of science and research changed during my PhD (it wasn't for the better even though I had a good time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home