This is a blog about me, Seinfeld, okonomiyaki, japanese toilet seats, and other things of interest

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sometimes it snows in April

Finally my thesis has been sent out to the examiners - more than a week late - after being lost in "mail space" thanks to an amazing team effort of the Royal Mail and the Mail Room at Uni. Anyway, now my thesis is on it's way to the examiners and I can look forward to my Viva the 16th of May rather than just worrying about my thesis being lost in the mail.

Some more bad luck (and good luck). Monday after work me and maybe 15 others from Tideway went to the Trafalgar, a nice bar on King's Road in Chelsea. I placed my back pack (Angela's pack that I borrow for running and going to the gym) on the floor right by my feet. After maybe 10 minutes I looked down and it was gone! We called the police but I didn't have any hope left of ever seeing the bag my with running shoes in it ever again. Then Angela called. A guy had found a bag with Angela's phone number close to Sloane Square station. He said he would wait there for five minutes and then leave the bag on the street again. I ran there like crazy - powered by two Hoegaarden - and met the guy just as he was about the to leave. I thanked him, rushed back to the bar and then back to Angela's place since we were supposed to go to IKEA the same evening. The only things missing from the bag was some hair gel and my gym card. I can't almost help but feel sad for the thief. You go in to a fancy bar in Chelsea to steal a bag and manage to pick probably the only bag without a mp3 player, laptop or expensive phone.

At midnight, the same evening - after enjoying the food at IKEA - we couldn't find a parking spot on Lexham Gardens road. Instead Angela parked just outside Cromwell hospital (where George Best died earlier this year). Then the next morning someone had driven into Angela's car. It could've been worse, but the door is seriously dented and is hard to open.

I don't think I will play the lotteries this week...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not? What's the worst that could happen?

Given the odd way luck works, perhaps you'll win.. remember Ringworld by Larry Niven?

Congrats on the thesis finishing!

5:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home