This is a blog about me, Seinfeld, okonomiyaki, japanese toilet seats, and other things of interest

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Staring at the sea, Staring at the sand

Last night I woke up after having a dream where I shot a man. I wondered why I would dream about such a horrible thing but then I realized - the evening before I had finished Albert Camus' book "The Outsider". "The Outsider" is about a man (Meursault) who kills an arabic man on a beach just outside Algiers. Instead of feeling guilt he just accepts the fact that he has shot a man and according to the back cover he "is prepared to face the indifference of the universe courageously and alone". Camus himself wrote about the main character that "Meursault is not a reject, but a poor and naked man, in love with a sun that leaves no trace". Why? Because Meursault refuses to lie. Lying is not just about saying what isn't true, but also saying more than one feels. ("The Outsider" is of course the book that inspired the Cure's first single, "Killing an arab")

Today I'm going buy my Rega P3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home